9:49am-SURVIVOR POOL INFO.
WE ARE CURRENTLY HAVING MASSIVE WEBSITE ISSUES, IF YOU FEEL YOUR PICK WASNT SUBMITTED OR YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES SENDING YOUR PICK-EMAIL IT TO email@example.com
Picks for Week 2 MUST be SENT in or Emailed in by 7pm Thursday night.
1) STAT OF THE WEEK-Colin Kapernick 412 passing yards, 3 TD,-I cant wait to see what this guy does with a full 16 game schedule.
2) STAT OF THE WEEK II-Anquan Boldin 13 rec, 208 yards, TD. Wonder what Joe Flacco was thinking while watching at home? My guess is it's something that I couldnt say on the radio. Personal note: My beautiful bride in her first year of fantasy football had both Kapernick and Boldin.
3) Monday Moron Award- that goes to Lavonte David of Tampa Bay for his personal foul push of Jets' QB Geno Smith that helped set up the game winner for New York. He gets "The Monday Moron Award" for a terrible decision and for keeping the Jets relevant another week in the media. (Also, I wonder how many he screwed in Survivor/Suicide Pools across the country)
4) Close but no cigar to the Bills, Raiders, and Panthers who tried real hard to seriously mess up some Survivor/Suicide Pools.
5) New Orleans D came up huge in their game winning goal line stand against Atlanta. The Saints D had a pretty good day with constant pressure on the Falcons QB Matt Ryan all afternoon. New Orleans had the league's worst defense last year so there is improvement but it's hard to tell is it a great leap or does Atlanta have serious upfront issues?
6) The Chiefs go 1-0 making new head coach Andy Reid a winner. Now somebody must convince Andy that red pants to go with his red Chiefs shirt is a bad idea. As one follower on Twitter said "he looked like a big Skittle."
7) Opening game + Giants/Cowboys+David Wilson fumbles=Wait? Havent I seen this before?????? 3 turnovers in the first 3 series of the season for the Giants. Brutal. Fumbles and bad pass blocking by the sophomore RB will not go over with the head coach.
8) DeMarcus Ware looks like he will be an absolute beast coming off the edge in Monte Kiffin's new defense.
9) Food of Choice on Sunday: Cheez-It Snack Mix for mid afternoon snack and Str8Outta Philly Steak Sandwich for Dinner-OUTSTANDING!!!
10) Picks on the Weekend: Won: Miami +3, Oregon +22.5, Saints -3.5, SF -4, Cowboys-3.5—5-0!!!
Tonight is the Night- Redskins/Eagles-finally here!
Wild Card-Colts and Chiefs
NFC Wild Card-Seattle and Saints
AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME: Broncos over Bengals
NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME: Falcons over Broncos
Super Bowl pick:Falcons
Over/Under Virginia Tech 9.5 Wins-Under. 8-4 on the season.
Over/Under UVA 4.5 wins -Over. 5-7 on the season.
ACC Title Game pick-Clemson vs North Carolina
Bold prediction of the year-Virginia upsets Virginia Tech this season.
National Title Game pick-Alabama vs Ohio State
Heisman Trophy pick-Marcus Mariota.
Jon Laaser, Jay Burnham, and I take a look back on the 2013 season and the final week.
Thanks to the crew at FSI, they do a great job on the TV Show. If you have never checked it out, enjoy....
According to reports, Allen Iverson will "officially" announce his retirement. This may sound odd since the guy hasnt played in the NBA since 2010 but now he is "officially" calling it quits.
I, briefly, covered AI in Philly in 2003 and despite his flaws,issues, and lack of "practice", he was one of the fiercest athletes I've ever seen play. He backed down from no one,including this guy....