10 Observations from the Couch (and other musings from the weekend)
1. What a weekend of football. Between Denver's meltdown, Baltimore's comeback, Colin Kapernick's performance and then Atlanta-Seattle---What a Weekend!
2. Atlanta and Seattle was the NFL's Version of March Madness. You know you are watching something special when you aren't a fan of either team and have no money on the game and your stomach still has butterflies.
3. Baltimore's secondary had the absolute worst crunch coverage meltdown I ever remember seeing in a playoff game.
4. Peyton Manning's overtime interception was Favre-esque. As the saying went in Ghostbusters "Dont cross the streams." Quarterbacks should never throw across the body!
5.Has anybody ever had a playoff debut like Colin Kapernick? I dont know what was more impressive: Kapernick by air or Kapernick by ground?
6. Give it up for the kickers this weekend! How about Justin Tucker taking an OT practice before his game winner? How about David Akers practicing through the halftime entertainment in SF? And how about Falcons kicker Matt Bryant taking a practice shot anyway even after Pete Carroll tried to ice him? All worked out in each's favor.
7. Even though Atlanta won, who left the lasting impression on you with their play? Russell Wilson's comeback or Matt Ryan's closing.
8. After everything that shook down in the Atlanta -Seattle game, I cant help but wonder what if the Seahawks would have gone for a field goal instead of feeding Michael Robinson on 4th and 1 in the 2nd Q and what if they would have gotten any points before halftime.
9. Glad to see hockey is back! Super Bowl Sunday I will get Caps/Pens to get me through 3 hours leading up the game. If you havent seen the schedule, here it is: www.capitals.nhl.com
10. If you are looking for a good Friday or Saturday night, may I recommend Pasture downtown. Outstanding cocktail selection, terrific Fried Okra appetizer, and Sirloin Steak---highly recommended. Pasture 416 Grace Street in Richmond.
Dont know who to give credit to but a listener sent me this over the weekend and it made me laugh: