10 Observations from the Couch
1. Just when you wondered if their were any heroes left in this world outside of our military and first responders, then you read about some of the teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary School. I know this weekend was gut wrenching of thinking of those 26 who died but it also must be about those teachers who saved so many more children.
2. Sports served as a great distraction this weekend. As much as I like my Sports Bubble, I was like many who took in the stories from the aftermath in Newtown,CT and as I did my heart broke with every new story I heard. That's why it was a welcomed break to watch VCU and the NFL this weekend. I did however appreciate the sports world honored those in Newtown including Giants WR Victor Cruz. http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/16/nfl-cruz-newtown-victim/1772815/
3. I wonder what Alabama head coach Anthony Grant must have thought seeing his former team rip his current team in front of the crowd that used to chant his name. At one point of the 2nd half, my buddy Chris Kowalczyk at VCU pointed out he had never seen Grant sit on the bench for so long with no emotion. As Chris said he looked like "The Thinker" as he sat quietly and watched VCU win 73-54.
4. I don't sleep late and one of my simple pleasures in life is getting up Sunday early and reading the papers with a cup of coffee in hand.But a new addition to my Sunday will have to be the NFL Network's First on the Field at 7a. I really enjoyed hearing LaDanian Tomlinson. Good show for the early risers.
5. Finished my Christmas shopping Friday. Note to people who circle around and around and around for parking in the front rows: unless you have kids or are elderly, just go find a parking spot in the back of the lot. You probably could use the walk anyway.
6. December 17 and the Redskins are in first place in the NFC East. Need I say anymore?
7. I do. How good was Kirk Cousins in play action? @ESPNStatsInfo: Cousins 15-19 passing for 229 yds, 2 TD on play action today. Redskins have NFL-leading 1,980 pass yds on play action.
8. More desperate in their match up next weekend: Giants or Baltimore?
9. The Dallas Cowboys are clueless and completely insensitive to have Josh Brent on the sideline on Sunday. I don't care if it came at the request of Jerry Brown's mother. This team can still support their troubled teammate without putting him out in front of the country for people to see. Once again the NFL doesn't take DUIs seriously enough as it allows this guy to be a visible part of their product. What a joke.
10. Video of the Weekend: Spike the ball with caution! Danny Amendola breaks a guys face: ANIMATED: Danny Amendoia destroys old man's face 30fram.es/TVaOKq