10 Observations from the Couch
1. First and foremost, props to CBS Bill Cowher for saying any player nailed for a DUI should get a 2 game suspension by the league. Personally, I believe you should get 4 games. Taking PED's gets you 4 games and you only hurt yourself. The NFL needs to remind society of the thinking that a DUI is bordering on the verge of homicide every time you do it. DUI just doesn't you, it can kill others as we saw this weekend with the death of Jerry Brown.
2.How many times did you check Twitter on Sunday for Robert Griffin IIIs MRI results? Washington hasn't awaited results like this since the first Tuesday of November!
3. Maybe it was the fact that I had nothing to do Sunday, no Christmas lights to hang, or no place to be and got the chance to watch a full of Sunday of football but between the Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants, this was the most entertaining Sunday of the NFL season to date.
4. Talk about a lot to process! In 15 minutes of real time at the end of the Redskins and Ravens, we had to process a fumbled kickoff that was not recovered cleanly, a Redskins drive down 8, Robert Griffin III getting hurt, Kirk Cousins coming in, RG3 coming back in, RG3 roughing it out before tapping out, Cousins TD pass, Cousins Two point conversion run, and then Richard Crawford's punt return....,all the while wondering about the health of one RG3. Thats a lot to take in!!!!!
5. Remember when the Cardinals used to be 4-0? (neither do I)
6. What is heartbreak? Heartbreak is watching Army QB Trent Steelman after he fumbled the handoff at Navy's 15 on a potential game winning drive Saturday. It was gut wrenching to watch that poor kid after the game.
7. How great was it to watch the snow in Green Bay? Especially in front of my rip roaring fireplace!!!!!
8. Video of the Weekend Part 1 from @jaybilas This is the way a post-game press conference is supposed to be: yhoo.it/UlMgZU
Part 2-Down goes Manny. Watch this punch:
9. Tweet of the Weekend@Sctvman: Appalachian State player shoots the worst FT ever. @wesrucker247 carolinasportsthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/12/worst
10. If you watch one thing this week, watch the ESPN 30 for 30 You Dont Know Bo! Baring any major breaking news, I am thinking of a 30/30 book club on the show Tuesday at 405p called "What do you remember about Bo?"