Join Sports Radio 910's Wes McElroy and the Flying Squirrels throughout the month of June for D.A.D.s Day presented by Haley Buick GMC to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Click Here to donate today!
|Plus find out where you can get your D.A.D.'s Day t-shirts|
10 OBSERVATIONS FROM THE COUCH on this Monday November 12 still entertained by UVA and Miami and confused by wondering who is the best team in the NFL?
1.How about Tony Covington calling his shot in the UVA broadcast? bit.ly/SbWNqM. Tony has been a really good addition to this season. Enjoy him and Dave together.
2. UVA QB Michael Rocco’s leg never stopped bouncing while sitting in a chair in post game interviews as I am sure the adrenaline was still running high after that final touchdown pass to Jake McGee.
3.The hope is still alive for a do or die November 24th game. If UVA can beat UNC Thursday and if VT can finally win on the road this season Saturday at Boston College than the rivalry game on 11/24 will send one team bowling and the other home for the season.
4. How does any offense put up 50 and still lose? Georgia Tech 68 UNC 50
5. With all the offense I saw in Charlottesville on Saturday, it was good to see some defense Friday night in Richmond as VCU wreaked Havoc on Florida Gulf Coast. The stand out of the night was Briante Weber who set a school record with 10 steals in 18 minutes. Can you imagine what the guy could have done if he played more? Watch out Wichita State!
6. Guess we don’t have to worry about who will play Alabama if Notre Dame, Oregon, and Kansas State all stay undefeated?But my insta-gut feel with Alabama losing is that somehow, some way this wont stay so neat and clean come down to just those three in the end. I smell chaos brewing in College Football.
7.Johnny Football might be trademarked?? http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8619087/johnny-manziel-family-trademark-johnny-football
8. Does anybody know why Dallas defensive coordinator Rob Ryan’s play sheet had the logo for Pat’s Steaks on it?
9.The NFL is a violent sport but the best violence of the weekend came in NASCAR this weekend.
10.And for those who listened to Friday’s show: 22 bag of leaves. 3.5 hours in the backyard. Yes, it sucked.