MORNINGS WITH MCELROY on this Monday October 28 hoping all of you are safe,dry and have no power issues during Hurricane Sally.
I know today when discussing the Redskins it will be about the defense getting trucked over and all the dropped balls but how about the return of “Me Angelo Hall”???
Not that DeAngelo Hall doesn’t love himself whenever the opportunity presents itself, but yesterday’s meltdown in the 4th quarter was #23’s full fledge alter ego taking control.
How stupid?!? Going after a ref???
First of all, let’s do a checklist of the stupidity? 1) Taking off your helmet!15 yard penalty. 2) Jawing at a ref face to face 3) Being pulled away by a teammate and still going after an official and……4) continually being backed up by your teammates and STILL jawing after you have been tossed.
Hall will be hearing from the league office and if he gets sat down for 1 game, you wont get a fight out of me.
This secondary has lost enough and because of “MeAngelo”’s meltdown they could be without his services in a time where they really don’t need any more bodies lost.
I asked last week when the list of “overrated players in the NFL “ came out-“Where’s DeAngelo Hall?”
Yesterday Hall was lucky to get tossed. It redirected all the possible conversation about how he got beat and how many times he got run by Jonathan Dwyer.
Mike Wise of the Washington Post said yesterday on Twitter that Hall said this week that Mike Shanahan has done a great job of getting rid of all the Me Guys in the locker room.
Sorry DeAngelo. Not all.
10 Observations from the Couch
1.Literally an observation from the couch……It was so nice to kick back on the couch and watch College Football on the couch but it was gut wrenching to watch South Carolina’s Marcus Lattimore go down on Saturday. I watched it live and to see the hit on slo-motion, it was near Theisman-esque.
2.Rivalries have great moments, great victories, painful defeats, and incredible finishes. If you haven’t seen the end of the NC State-UNC game Saturday, watch Gio Bernard’s punt return. In one word=Intense.
3. UNC please don’t ever wear those uniforms again. I understand the “Tar Heel” idea but a foot on the side of a helmet is just weird.
4.We still have a long, long way until things are settled in College Football but if Alabama, Notre Dame and Kansas State are all undefeated at season’s end, the BCS Title Game is going to be Wildcat less.
5. Maybe the Redskins had a hard time hanging on to the ball because the Steelers jersey’s throw their focus off. 10 drops. Really???? There isn’t a legitimate enough excuse in the NFL for 10 drops in one game.
6. I know weather isn’t the favorite topic of the day but how didn’t it feel like football yesterday watch the Steelers and Redskins line up and seeing their breath in the cold Steel city air.
7. Great tweet from @Czabe Steve Czaban: 27 points for Steelers on zero turnovers and no short fields. Defense the story today. WR drops were annoying. Nothing more. Sorry.
To me, the drops were more than annoying. They were painful and drive killers. But Steve is right, the defense couldn’t stop anything as Ben Rothlisberger just dink, dunked and moved Pittsburgh down the field time and time again with ease.
8. They say football is a game of inches. But to see Dez Bryant’s hand go out of bounds on what might have been an incredible game winning touchdown---must be brutal to be a Cowboys fan today. Down 23-0, battle back, and then to lose again to the Giants at home. Brutal man. Brutal.
But Dallas fans, at least take solace in the fact, it could be worse. At least you aren’t an Eagles fans today.
9. Thanks to the crew of listeners who came out and walked on Saturday in the 2nd Annual Hunks and Pumps. We had a great crew of guys who totally got into the great event for the VCU Massey Cancer Center.
Great work by our sister station Q94 for putting on the event especially Virginia, Kash, and Jackson.
10. Fitting for today but I couldn’t get the song out of my head all weekend:
FRIDAY 5 SELECTIONS (21-19 going into the weekend)
Right on Notre Dame +11, Tennessee +14, Giants -1.5, Falcons/Eagles over 45
Wrong on Redskins +6.5