10 Observations from the Couch
(or in this weekend’s case Observations while standing unloading 1000 boxes)
1) Dear Clear Channel, please don’t fire me anytime soon. After this weekend, I don’t feel like moving for at least, another decade.
2) If you had “action” on the under 48.5 for the Redskins/Giants yesterday, you felt pretty good with about 4 minutest left. But……….if you had the over you felt even better then the Giants did 4 minutes after the game.
3) The Redskins and Robert Griffin III continued to show they will somehow each week be in the 4 Quarter of every game. Unfortunately, the defensive double team on Victor Cruz allowed Eli to one up the rookie.
4) Stat of the game: Redskins 5 turnovers prior to today. Redskins 4 turnovers in 2nd half.
5) Couldn’t figure out which one I liked seeing again on Sunday: The Tampa Bay Bucs Orange Creamsicle jersey’s or the Patriots Red,White and Blue’s.? You make the call?
6) With having both Pierre Garcon and Fred Davis on my Fantasy Team this season and on a 4 game losing streak, I am starting to worry about my job stability as my own Fantasy Football General Manager.
7) Every week after a Virginia Tech loss, I get the emails of anger of how the offense cost them the game. Well……….you haven’t been fair if you put all the losses all on the offense. Remember North Carolina? Remember the end of Cincinnati?
But after this past Saturday, all those ready to kill the offense---choose your weapon!
This was the game you can fire away your anger at the offense (or lack there of).
Good read by our Friday regular Aaron McFarling of the Roanoke Times: http://www.roanoke.com/sports/mcfarling/wb/315634
8) Why bother watching UVA? It’s the same thing every week? Turnovers, penalties at the worst time, fewer points each week on offense, and special team mistakes=Loss.
UVA is college football’s Shampoo. “Lather, Rinse and repeat.”
9) Great upset win by the Richmond Spiders on Saturday. Play of the Weekend in College Football belongs to Spiders Tight End Kevin Finney. http://www.richmondspiders.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?SPSID=629561&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=26800&id=1072788&db_oem_id=26800
10) After being ready to kill Comcast for an epic blunder of hooking up our cable but failing to change over the numbers causing us to lose Cable right before the College games started and after an hour of being on the phone with morons, I would like to thank Technical operator Derwin Green at Comcast on Staples Mill for finding a driver to come out and fix our service at 3:30p on Saturday.
Got an observation from your couch???Send it over! Post using your Facebook or email:email@example.com